PLSouthside Scroll

The Student News Site of Papillion-La Vista South High School

PLSouthside Scroll

PLSouthside Scroll

Corvette Cafe is worth the drive

Group+photo+with+Lydia+Farmer%2CChef+Dan+Hoffman+
lydia Farmer
Group photo with Lydia Farmer,Chef Dan Hoffman

The Corvette Cafe, inside the Gregg Young Chevrolet Dealership at 17750 Burt St. in Omaha. W as worth the rush-hour drive on Wednesday, April 17, when some of the magazine team and I made the trip to check it out. 

The restaurant hours are Monday through Thursday 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 7 a.m.-5 p.m., and Saturday 7 a.m.-2 p.m.

Burger with Frings $13.99 (Lydia Farmer)

When you walk in the door, you are immediately greeted by the kind staff who will gladly point out the cafe to you, just a right turn from an entrance featuring two Corvettes and a Camaro. Making your way into the cafe, you see artwork of many different makes and models of Corvettes.

Inside the cafe you can see the order window. At the window you can see right into the kitchen where they prepare your food, and where you meet chef Dan Hoffman, who was extremely friendly and helpful while also working hard.

Sting Ray Breakfast $11.49 (Lydia Farmer)

The menu included breakfast, lunch and a children’s menu. The breakfast menu displayed  names from Corvette models such as The C1, The ZR1, The Split Window, The Sting Ray, and The Z06. The food prices ranged from the lowest being $7.99 for the Traditional Breakfast Sandwich, and the highest being $24.99 for Tuscan Salmon. You can even go off the menu and ask for something else to be made with the available ingredients.

The wait time was short, and the food was delicious. I ordered a Mushroom Swiss Burger and frings (fries and onion rings). The burger was big and juicy enough that it started running down my hand. The ‘frings’ were super crispy, ensuring I’ll make a return visit at a later date.

The Corvette Cafe was a great experience and a wonderful atmosphere for anyone who loves Corvettes, hospitality, and delicious food. 

Cale Murphy