PLSouthside Scroll

The Student News Site of Papillion-La Vista South High School

PLSouthside Scroll

PLSouthside Scroll

Walking in Winter Wonderland

Annual event in downtown Papillion glimmers with nostalgia

Downtown Papillion glimmered with nostalgia on Nov. 25 at the annual Winter Wonderland holiday event. It trumpeted Santa’s arrival with a parade, heated up hands with coffee and hot chocolate, a pancake feed at the fire station, as well as carriage rides and the chance to meet Santa and his reindeer.

The 27 degree weather that day didn’t prevent hearts from being warmed or from getting ready for the holidays, especially when the lights came on and lit up Sump Library and all its surroundings.

When Mayor David Black flipped the switch, the area brightened both physically and emotionally as cheers and applause erupted all around. No matter how many times someone may see the lights during the holiday season year after year, it can be like experiencing it for the first time all over again.

Winter Wonderland brought a feeling of nostalgia and joy for all ages, and it was refreshing to sense the holiday spirit in the air.

Titan Legacy was there that night to capture some of the magic. See the broadcast report above.