PLSouthside Scroll

The Student News Site of Papillion-La Vista South High School

79° Papillion, NE

PLSouthside Scroll

PLSouthside Scroll

Eight Titans officially commit to collegiate athletics

Tony McGill
Left to right: Anabel Seaman, Lauren Medeck, Savannah Meadows, Emma Grzywa, Quinn Groves, Kyla Dyrstad, Morgan Bode, and Haley Anderson prepare to sign their letters of intent.

Eight Titan athletes took part in National Signing Day on Wednesday, Nov. 8, officially signing their National Letters of Intent to play their sport at the collegiate level. Though high school athletes may have received offers and given verbal commitment to play for their future college, nothing is official until the NLI is signed. Nov. 8 is National Signing Day for Division 1 and 2 sports other than basketball and football. These Titans became the first to sign their NLI this year, with two more National Signing Days to come before the end of the school year.

VOLLEYBALL

Morgan Bode, University of South Dakota

“I chose South Dakota first off, because I wanted to stay in the Midwest and pretty close to home. But more importantly I really connected with the coaches, and found everything I was looking for in a coach. They are amazing coaches who didn’t just invest in me as a player but also connected with me as a person. Vermillion is a smaller town so I loved the community feeling surrounding the campus. Overall, South Dakota just felt like home and it was an easy choice!”

Kyla Dyrstad, Morningside College

“I chose Morningside because of how welcoming the coaches and the volleyball team were. They made it feel like home right when I stepped on campus for the first time. I also chose Morningside because I liked the idea of going to a smaller school more than the idea of going to a huge university.”

Quinn Groves, Morningside College

“I chose Morningside University because of many things. First, the teachers are great and the academics are exactly the same. The volleyball program is full of nice, strong, talented women and the coaches make you feel at home! Beautiful campus and an amazing staff. Many opportunities at Morningside and others that go there said how amazing it was and that was good to hear from students going there to know they enjoyed the experience.”

Lauren Medeck, University of South Dakota

“I chose South Dakota because when I went there it felt like home. South Dakota’s staff and coaches are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and they made me feel so welcomed when I came to their camp. The culture there is amazing and just the overall environment of the fans and the team is amazing. Another added perk was that it was close to home and my extended family so they can come and watch as well!”

Anabel Seaman, Iowa Central Community College

“I chose Iowa Central because they have an unbelievable athletic program. The coaches are amazing and I fell in love with the campus! Iowa Central is overall a great place for student athletes!”

DANCE

Savannah Meadows, Midland University

“I chose Midland because as soon as I stepped foot on the campus I loved it. I love the atmosphere and that it’s not a huge school. I also love their dance program and all the opportunities there are within it, which is something very special to me.”

LACROSSE

Emma Grzywa, University of Wisconsin-River Falls

“The main reason why I chose it was because it felt like home. All of my future teammates are so welcoming and kind, that it made me want to be apart of their culture. Everyone i met on campus greeted me with a smile and were so kind, I just fell in love!”

SOFTBALL

Haley Anderson, Central Community College

“I chose Central because it just felt like home, the facilities, the team, the girls and the coaches. They were all very welcoming and I feel like I’m apart of something bigger.”